Retail Insight Limited (“We“) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.ri-team.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Retail Insight Limited of 2nd Floor Ashley House, 18-20 George Street, Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1HY, England. Retail Insight Limited is a private limited company registered in England and Wales with company number 05016533 and with VAT number is GB 861113162.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner in the UK. Our registration number is: ZA175110. The ICO’s register of data controllers may be searched here: https://ico.org.uk/about-the-ico/what-we-do/register-of-data-controllers/
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.ri-team.com (“our site”), by requesting further information about our products or services, by applying for job vacancies with us, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the products or services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (for example, business partners, sub-contractors, analytics providers, and search information providers,) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information (as appropriate):
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to consider and process your application for any job vacancies that you apply for with us;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information (as appropriate):
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to consider and process your application for any job vacancies that you apply for with us; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 (“our group”).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Retail Insight Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Transmission of data over the internet
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at any time.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates as well as links to and from other third party owned websites not owned or created by us. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Effective Date: 5th May 2016